1 - Christmas countdown 2014


Decoration 1 - The BIG pineapple, Queensland Australia

I know the 12 days of Christmas are actually meant to be the 12 days starting from Christmas Day until 5th January.  However I thought it might be a bit of fun to do a Christmas countdown with 12 decorations I have picked up in my travels in the last few years.  (I don't think I have featured them on here before).

You might have already seen, that one of my favourite things to do when I travel is look out for Christmas decorations - they truly are the best souvenirs as they only come out once a year and at the time of year when I tend to get all soppy and sentimental.  I've always found it a nice time of year to remember some of the great holidays and experiences I've had.

So my plan is to post a decoration a day until Christmas with a memory or highlight from each place. The first one is the memory of visiting the Big Pineapple up on the Sunshine Coast.  It was fun, but the best part about it is thinking of the special people we went there with.  xoxox

You know, there are now only twelve sleeps until Christmas Day.  It will be here before we know it!


Comments