Fairy garden


My gorgeous niece Amy is quite a fan of fairies.  For her birthday I was going to buy some little fairy garden accessories from a website in America.

I spent an hour looking through the site and selecting very cute little items which were all very reasonably priced.  I went to the online checkout, only to find the postage was two times more expensive than the items I had chosen!!

Needless to say, I couldn't justify such extravagant postage, so I backed out of the sale and decided to give fairy garden accessories a go from scratch.


I went to Bunnings and bought air drying clay, a couple of paints and some wire.  Then I got to work making little mushrooms, houses and accessories like pots, a bridge and bird houses.  It was harder than I thought, but at the same time, playing with clay is quite therapeutic.


Once it had all dried, I painted them, added glitter (as you do), and then found some little places to scatter them in the garden.

Amy has eagle eyes, so she spotted them straight away.


Not as cute as some of the fairy gardens you can find out there, but they do bring a little bit of charm and magic to the garden. :)

Comments