Floriade 2013

One of the reasons I was so keen to come back from my overseas trip was so that I could go to Floriade - the flower festival held in Canberra every year.  It goes for about 3-4 weeks just in Spring so the flowers are spectacular and it's great to have that beautiful splash of colour after a cold winter.

I was worried that being the last week of the festival, there wouldn't be many photo opportunities, but I was wrong.  It was still stunning and lots of flowers out, and best of all, the sun was out!!

If some of these pics don't make you want to visit Canberra during Floriade… well then, perhaps you're not the flowery type!! :)









I know I took a stack of photos last year, but I was doing the 365 project so they are not on the blog and unfortunately are no longer on the 365 project either.  But I do have some pics from the year before - Floriade 2011.  Enjoy!


Comments