Mia Angela



It seems very fitting that this post (a cross stitch about my niece who shares my name) is my 100th!  It was completely by accident, but when I went to create it, I noticed that my last one was post 99. 

Well it hasn’t even been a week since her birth, but it certainly feels like a lot longer! My beautiful little niece Mia was born on Monday 1 April and I was there - but in a way more hands on way than I was ever expecting.

I've now added Mia's amazing birth story here if you would like to read it.
In the meantime, I did want to share the cross stitch sampler I made for her. I started stitching it when I found out my sister was pregnant, but at the time we didn’t know her gender. I was hoping to be able to make it more masculine if it was to be a boy, but we found out she was a girl so I made it exactly as per the instructions.

Anyway, I do hope you like it. As with Amy’s birth sampler and Ethan’s birth sampler, they were both finished the very day they were born. Mia’s was the only one that didn’t make it up to the hospital to hang above her hospital cot - but then, Mia was only in the hospital for six hours!!  Promise to upload the story soon!

Hope you like the cross stitch - I think it's pretty cute, but not as cute as little Mia.

Happily sleeping at home almost exactly ten and a half hours after her birth.


Comments