Dream, Hope, Believe

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these cards by Dayspring.  They are from the Shirley, Goodness and Merci range which is a play on "Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life" from Psalm 23.  I have this card stuck up on my mirror and it makes me smile.


So I have been to a few more shows - I never remember to take my camera, so can't post any photos.  Last month we went to a production of Cinderella (my all time favourite fairy tale), put on by the West Australian Ballet company.  We went out for a delightful and delicious dinner first at The Hermitage. Luckily it is right next to the theatre as we got a little carried away and took too long eating dinner. We arrived just in time for the show!  The seats were great, and the ballerinas (both girls and guys) were mesmerising.  Possibly my most favourite part however was watching the little girls in the interval dancing around as if they were real ballerinas.  I guess it's cause we all secretly felt like spinning around and doing a plié.
Last weekend I had a friends 30th out on a boat on Lake Burley Griffin.  It was a pretty wet and rainy night, but surprisingly once we were out, the wind and the rain calmed down and we had a simply marvellous time. It was a cocktail party so everyone was all dressed up and looked lovely. There was good food and drink and best of all good friends.  I was so happy to be able to catch up with one of my very best friends who has been very busy with her growing family.  She did very well to be able to leave them at home and not check her phone every 15 minutes!

Last Thursday I had what I think will be my last show for the year.  I went to The Canberra Repertory's production of "Out of Order".  It was extremely funny and a really good show. A good light production to finish the year with. 

As I've been thinking of all the things I have been to this year, I kind of wish I had of been able to go see a school production of something.  I remember enjoying the school productions when I was at High School and College, but they don't seem to really promote them outside of the schools - maybe that's because once all the families and friends of the kids go there isn't that much room for the general public.  I was part of the backstage of several of my school plays... even being back stage was a lot of fun.  I think my favourite all time show that we put on was "Little Shop of Horrors".  I still love singing all of those songs. :)

Anyways, better go. Not long now till Christmas.... all the decorations are up. 

Comments