I heart books

Ok, the above isn't technically a book... it's actually a notebook that I purchased in Rome with some leftover Euro's I had when I was at Fiumicino airport.  I think you can buy these types of notebooks here in Australia too, but it's the sort of thing I would look at and drool over, but wouldn't buy without a reason.

I think I mentioned in my last post that I was addicted to buying books from Book Depository.co.uk with it's special May sale.... well, I'm ashamed to say there have been further purchases.  Today being the first of June I thought to myself "*phew* less temptations now that the special is over", but NO, they've decided to add another week to their special.  I can just see myself purchasing more.

When I was on my way back from my weekend retreat, I got a text from a friend about starting up another book club.  I was so excited.  We're going to meet this weekend!!  We've all read "The Timetravelers Wife" so we thought we'd talk about that, and next meeting we'll talk about "The Secret Life of Bees" which I bought on Monday.

I've also only just started reading the sequal to "Pillars of the Earth" which is called "World Without End". I think there are 1111 pages, and I'm up to page 211.  It's quite similar to Pillars in that there is lots of violence, but I'm just past a really horrible bit, so hopefully there will be less stress for a bit.

On top of all that, I am very excited that Janet Evanovich's next Stephanie Plum book is out on the 21 June 2011.  I can't wait!  I also can't wait for the movie to come out although it looks like it wont be for at least another six months.


Anyway, when I tried to post this my internet crashed.  Now I am trying to fill in time at my sisters' place. It's been a rough day, but hopefully everything will be ok.


Comments