Birthday Season

One of the reasons I have been quiet on here recently is that we've just had birthday season.  Amy celebrated her 2nd birthday and I had mine too.  It was a busy couple of weeks cooking cakes, having tea parties and generally just getting spoilt by my generous family and friends.

About a month before the birthdays, I noticed there was a sale on fabric at Lincraft, so I picked some cute pink and green fabric to have a go at making some birthday bunting.
I came home, drew up a game plan, made some templates and got cutting.  My favourite part was probably using my pinking shears.  I've had them for a couple of years, but this is the first time I have really made anything with them that wasn't sewn up.

This picture sort of shows the pinking sheared edges.  The part I was most disappointed in was the lettering.  It wasn't so much the cutting out of the letters, more that my sewing machine was having a bad day and it looks really messy.  It probably didn't help that I only had bright pink embroidery cotton (which isn't the best for anything other than machine embroidery) and I didn't bother changing the bobbin thread.... ok, so perhaps less of the machines fault and more of the lazy users fault!!!

All up though, we both really had a special birthday.

Comments