Wills and Kate tie the knot!

This photo was on the front page of the newspaper that sits near my desk at work.  All day yesterday I walked past it and got more and more excited about the events to come!
Last night was awesome!  I loved every moment of their big day.  We had an amazingly delicious dinner of ribs and creamed potato bake and garlic bread.  Put the kids to bed then went out to watch a surprisingly simple yet elegant wedding.  I guess I say simple because it wasn't too over the top for a Royal Wedding, but yet it didn't disappoint in any way.

The bride looked just gorgeous and I am completely in love with her elegant dress.
 To me, there didn't look to be too many nerves.  Especially Kate, she seemed cool as a cucumber the whole time - with that many people on the street and knowing how many people would have been watching around the world, I would have been an utter mess. 
 
William looked every bit the prince and although we didn't have unanimous approval of his red Irish uniform in our house, I quite liked it.
I thought her brother did a great reading - he read so calm and clearly.  And her sister was so sweet with the little kids but still managed to look elegant and always seemed to be there when Kate's dress needed fixing.


I think one of the things I liked the best was the crowd.  They had the excitement and all the flags etc, but they were just so polite and British and when they were allowed to walk down the Mall around the Victoria Memorial it was like a pleasant peaceful march.  I think a big kudos should go to that crowd, 'cause from what I saw, they helped to make the day so special.

All the best to the newlyweds, I wish them a long and happy life together.

Comments