Happy Birthday Canberra

Balloon in front of the Old Parliament House, Canberra.  The New Parliament House is the building behind with the enormous flag pole.
Today was the first day in a while that I have woken up feeling half decent.  This head cold has been awful - but at least I am now on the mend.  Anyway we were going to take Amy to go see the hot air balloons for Canberra Day (sorry, I need to stop here and say I can't believe wikipedia has a Canberra Day page!!!), however it wasn't good timing for her, so we went without her. 

As it turned out, they weren't going up this morning due to bad weather conditions.  It was a shame, cause it is quite a sight to see all those beautiful balloons up in the air and reflected into Lake Burley Griffin.  To keep the crowd happy, they inflated a few of the balloons, but they stayed tethered to the ground.


A kookaburra outside the Treasury building.  This balloon is from Canowindra NSW - where mum grew up and I spent my first 8 or 9 Christmases!!
The strawberry balloon came all the way out from Holland apparently!
It was a fun morning.  We then met my sister in town and had some success at the shops - woo hoo!!

Happy 98th birthday Canberra!

Comments